SailTimer Air Link [ST-AIRLINK-1]
- Brand New
- Backorder - Approximate Shipping in 2-12 weeks
This small waterproof device connects wired marine electronics, mobile apps and the cloud. For input, this is the only device that can receive Bluetooth transmissions from the SailTimer Wind Instrument™ and connect on wires to your GPS chartplotter or autopilot. For output, it is also the only device that can connect your wired anemometer to the crowdsourced wind and race maps at SailTimerMaps.com.
- Receive Bluetooth 4 wireless data from the SailTimer Wind Instrument™
- Display the wireless wind data in NMEA 0183 format on wired marine electronics (or even a Raspberry Pi device), live wind maps online, and with wifi to a web browser or to apps
- The Air Link can also can take input from a wired anemometer for viewing on live wind maps at SailTimerMaps.com
- If there is internet in your marina, you can then check wind conditions on your old wired anemometer from home or office. That has never been possible before
- Retransmit all of your NMEA 0183 data on wifi. Connect your wired devices to Android/iOS apps (iSailor, MID WiFi, Sail Buddy, iRegatta, NMEA Sail, WinDis, Aqua Map
- Easy to use
It is 1.5″ (3.8 cm) thick, with a footprint of 4 x 6″ (10.2 x 15.2 cm), not including the tab on each end. The case is filled with black potting resin, which eliminates any risk of condensation or water leaking through a gasket in the case. The only metal parts exposed are the wiring terminal screw clamps, which are non-corrosive brass.
- NMEA 0183